The Candidiasis of lungs is a lesion of bronchuses and the lungs, caused by yeast-like mushrooms of sort Candida.
Etiology, pathogenesis. Mushrooms Candida - the saprophytes living on a skin and mucosas of the person, have pathogenic an effect at weakening biological protection of an organism (at chronic diseases, avitaminoses, long reception of antibiotics, immunodepressants). A candidiasis of lungs - the secondary illness arising on a background of bacteriemic and virus pneumonias, a tuberculosis, pyeses; it is characterized by the tenacious pneumonic centers with a necrosis in the center and a fibrinous exudate in alveoluses which surround a zone of a necrosis. An outcome of disease are formation of purulent cavities or a pneumosclerosis.
Signs, current. A fever, a dyspnea, a tachycardia, a stethalgia, excruciating tussis with allocation of a poor mucous sputum, sometimes with streaks of a blood. On roentgenograms spotty shadows, more intensive sites of blackout, less often a pleural exudate are marked.
Yeast Infection Causes
- In women, yeast infections are the second most common reason for vaginal burning, itching, and discharge. Yeasts are found in the vagina of most women and can overgrow if the environment in the vagina changes. Antibiotic and steroid use is the most common reason for yeast overgrowth. But pregnancy, menstruation, sperm, diabetes, and birth control pills also can contribute to getting a yeast infection. Yeast infections are more common after menopause.
- In people who have a weakened immune system because of cancer treatments, steroids, or diseases such as AIDS, candidal infections can occur throughout the entire body and can be life-threatening. The blood, brain, eye, kidney, and heart are most frequently affected, but the candidal fungus also can grow in the lungs, liver, and spleen. Candida is the leading cause of esophagitis (inflammation in the throat) in people with AIDS.
- Almost 15% of people with weakened immune systems develop a systemic illness caused by Candida. These infections enter into the bloodstream through breakdowns or cuts in the skin or mucous membranes. Candidal organisms may build up in an area because of frequent use of strong antibiotics, which kill the bacteria that normally keep it under control.
- Use of devices implanted in the skin such as urinary catheters and IV ports also provide access for the yeast to enter the body. IV drug addicts using dirty needles may inject the yeast directly into their bloodstream or deep tissues.
Yeast Infection Symptoms and Signs
Signs and symptoms of a candidal infection can vary depending on the location of the infection.
- In women, signs and symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection are a white cheesy discharge that typically itches and irritates the vagina and surrounding outer tissues. On occasion there may be pain with sexual intercourse or burning with urination.
- In infants and adults, a candidal infection can appear many different ways :
- Oral Candidiasis is called Thrush. Thick, white lacy patches on top of a red base can form on the tongue, palate, or elsewhere inside the mouth. These patches sometimes look like milk curds but cannot be wiped away as easily as milk can. If the white plaques are wiped away with a blade or cotton-tipped applicator, the underlying tissue may bleed. This infection also may make the tongue look red without the white coating. Thrush can be painful and make it difficult to eat. Care should be given to make sure a person with thrush does not become dehydrated.
- Candidal organisms naturally live on the skin, but breakdown of the outer layers of skin promote the yeast's overgrowth. This typically occurs when the environment is warm and moist such as in diaper areas and skin folds. Superficial candidal skin infections appear as a red flat rash with sharp scalloped edges. There are usually smaller patches of similar appearing rash nearby, known as "satellite lesions." These rashes may cause itching or pain.
Yeast Infection Treatment
Self-Care at Home
Most candidal infections can be treated at home with over-the-counter or prescription medication and can clear within a week. But if some other disease has weakened your immune system, consult your doctor for any new symptoms before attempting self-treatment. You may risk getting an infection.
For more information, medical assessment and medical quote
as email attachment to
Email : - firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Center Tel. (+91) 9029304141 (10 am. To 8 pm. IST)
(Only for international patients seeking treatment in India)