"Our mission is to bring healthcare of international standards within the reach of every individual. We are committed to the achivement and maintenance of excellence in education, research and healthcare for the benefit of humanity"
Most essential institutions in society have developed in response to an overwhelming need...
Sixteen years ago, I lost a patient in India who couldn't make it to Texas for an open heart surgery. But now people have the opportunity in India to access the best that healthcare has to offer worldwide. Our state-of-the-art equipment, backed by the world's best professionals, equals those available globally. To that extent, Apollo's mission may have been accomplished.
Fifteen years into being called a pioneer and leader in revolutionizing healthcare in India may have been ample reason, traditionally, to rest on our laurels. Not at Apollo though. We realize that today, people measure companies' strengths by an array of more demanding criteria than just who-came-first. Quite the way Apollo measures itself.
By constantly measuring our deliverables, we have succeeded in creating infrastructure that meets the needs of the future that incorporates the latest technology and provides superior healthcare delivery systems. Our immediate agenda includes setting up of healthcare facilities in all major Indian cities, 23-hour hospitals, pharmacies, a pharmaceuticals business and finally, a Health Maintenance Organization that will give millions of people access to all these facilities. This is an agenda for a country which is seeing rapid growth.
Our mission is also to transcend the realm of curative care. With a new focus on preventive care, Apollo is going beyond medicine to bring health to the individual.
As the 21st century approaches, we stand committed to building an infrastructure that will create an environment that protects and nurtures our future generations.
Dr. Prathap C Reddy Chairman Apollo Hospitals
- The first Indian hospital to receive the Joint Commission International (JCI) USA accreditation - the gold-standard in hospital certifications worldwide
- Handles close to 200,000 patients a year, of which 10,000 are international patients
- Bed-capacity of 692 beds (including 138 ICU beds) and 14 Operation Theatres
- 53 liver transplants
- First successful liver-kidney transplant in the Indian sub-continent
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals is spread over 12 acres of land and has a built-up area of 600,000 square feet.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals recently achieved the Joint Commission International (JCI) USA Accreditation - the first Indian hospital to be awarded this gold-standard certification.
- A joint venture between the Apollo Group and the Government of India, it was founded in 1996. It is the largest hospital of the group and was built at a cost of 44 million US dollars.
- With a bed-capacity of 692 (including 138 ICU beds) and 14 Operation Theatres, expert medical professionals and the latest technology, the Indraprastha Apollo is the automatic choice for outstanding healthcare in the country's capital.
- The hospital handles close to 200,000 patients a year, of which 9,500 are international patients. International patients come to Indraprastha Apollo from the USA, Australia, Malaysia, Yemen, Brunei and Tanzania, among other countries.
- Preventive Health Checks performed - 91,712 Performed 424 kidney transplants
- Performed 53 liver transplants
- Performed the first successful liver transplant in the Indian sub-continent
- Performed the first successful liver-kidney transplant in the Indian sub-continent
- Recently acquired a 64-slice CT that enables instantaneous, non-invasive Angiography procedures
Centres of Excellence
- Dr. B.C. Roy National Award
- Dr. P.D. Nigam (Cardiology)
- Dr. Kamal Buckshi (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
- Dr. P.D. Nigam (Cardiology)
- Dr. R.V.S. Yadav (Transplant Surgery)
- Dr. Sheela Mehra (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
- Dr. Praveen Khilnani (Paediatric Intensive Care)
- Joint Commission International (JCI) USA accreditation - the first and only Indian hospital to receive this gold-standard certification
- Grade A by CRISIL
- Rated Best Multi-speciality Hospital in Delhi by The Week magazine
- BS EN ISO 14001: 1996 for Environmental Management System
- BS EN ISO 9001: 2000 for Quality Management System
- Development of the Apollo Clinical Excellence (ACE) Model (Please click here for further details)
- Innovation in Clinical Excellence (ICE) Team
- Development of Clinical Pathways
- Development of Clinical Indicators
- Credentialing and privileging of consultants
For more information, medical assessment and medical quote
as email attachment to
Email : - email@example.com
Contact Center Tel. (+91) 9029304141 (10 am. To 8 pm. IST)
(Only for international patients seeking treatment in India)