Q. What Is Cosmetic Eye Surgery ?
The Eyelid Plastic Surgery, Medically Known As Blepharoplasty Is A Procedure For Removing Excess Fat From The Upper Eyelids And Lower Eyelids. The Drooping Upper Eyelids Occur Because Of Sagging Eyelid Skin Which Can Also Impair Vision And The Droopy Lower Eyelids Are Caused Due To Excessive Fat Cell Accumulation. The Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery Corrects These Conditions Providing A New Refreshed Look To The Patients.
Cosmetic Surgery Is A Surgical Sub- Specialty And Deals With The Healing And Restoration Of Disfigurement Or Congenital Defects Resulting Into Betterment Of The Appearance Of The Body. One Of The Most Common Cosmetic Problems Is The Puffiness And Drooping Of The Eyes. The Current Condition Is Usually Caused Due To The Deposit Of Excessive Fat In The Eyes Which May Affect The Upper Or Lower Lid Of The Eyes. The Eyelid Surgery Corrects This Condition By Removing Excessive Skin And Fat From The Upper And Lower Eyelid.
Types Of Surgical ProceduresThere Are Different Types Of Eyelid Surgeries For Correcting Different Problems, Which Includes : -
- Upper Eyelid Lift Surgery : - The Surgery Involves Incisions Along Creases In The Eyelids Through Which The Surgeons Remove Excess Fat, Muscles And Loose Skin.
- Lower Eyelid Lift Surgery : - The Incision Is Made Below The Eyelid For Removing The Skin, Fat And Muscle.
- Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty Eye Lift : - The Eyelid Bags Caused Due To Excess Fat Are Corrected With An Incision Inside The Eyelid And Removing Or Repositioning That Extra Fat. The Lower Eyelid Incision Can Be Accompanied By Resurfacing As Well.
- Canthoplasty : - The Canthoplasty Is The Surgery That Tightens The Lower Eyelids.
- Brow Lift : - The Brow Lift Improves The Appearance Of The Eye Area With Making Small Incisions Above The Hairline.
- Resurfacing Surgery : - This Surgery Treats The Eye Wrinkles.
- Laser Eyelid Surgery : - In This Surgery The Incisions Are Made With Lasers On The Eyelids And Removing The Excess Fat. The Eyelid Surgery Is Accepted By Many People Round The World And In The Field Of Cosmetic India Provides Excellent Facilities For Treatments. Our Medical Team Provides Most Satisfactory Healthcare Services To Patients In Apollo Hospital (Accredited By JCI). Free Consultation From Specialist And High Standards Of Facilities Provided By Our Team At Most Affordable Prices Are The Advantages Of Receiving Medical Treatments In India.
What Are The Potential Complications Of Eyelid Surgery?
Although Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery Is A Relatively Safe Procedure, It Is Important To Review The Potential Risks. The Most Dangerous Complication From Surgery Is Excessive Bleeding After The Surgery. The Nerve That Is Responsible For Eyesight Could Be Potentially Squeezed By Excess Blood And Cause Permanent Loss Of Vision. By Stopping Any Blood Thinning Medications Two Weeks Prior To Surgery The Chances Of Such A Problem Are Greatly Diminished. Other Potential Risks Of Surgery Include Double Vision, Dry Eyes, Infection, A Retracted Or Pulled Down Eyelid, Asymmetry, Undercorrection, Overcorrection, And The Need For More Surgery. A Brow Lift Has Its Own Unique Set Of Complications. These Include Tenderness Along The Hairline And Weakness Of The Facial Nerve. Fortunately, With Good Surgical Technique Such Problems Are Rare.
One Effect Of Surgery That Is Quite Common Is The Formation Of Milia During The Healing Process. These Are Small Cysts That Can Form Along The Incision Line In The Weeks After Surgery. These Cysts Are Hard To See With The Naked Eye But Can Be Seen With A Magnifying Mirror. They Are Treated At First With Simple Observation Since They Usually Resolve On There Own And They Are So Difficult For Anyone To See. If They Don’t Go Away Spontaneously After A Few Months, Dr. Ebroon Can Remove Them In The Office Very Easily.
Procedure Of The Eyelid SurgeryThe Eyelid Plastic Surgery Is Performed Under General Anesthesia Or Intravenous Sedation As Recommended By The Surgeon. The Surgery Involves Small Incisions On Or Near The Eyelids. Conditions Of The Lower Eyelid Can Be Corrected With An Incision Just Below The Lower Eye Lash Line Through Which The Excess Skin In The Lower Eyelids Is Removed.
The Excess Fat, Skin And Muscle Are Removed By The Surgery And Later The Incisions Are Closed With Sutures. Post Surgery The Eyes May Be Lubricated With Ointment And A Bandage May Be Required. The Stitches Are Removed Within A Week Providing A Complete Reformed Look To The Patient.
The Eyelid Surgery Is Accepted By Many People Round The World And In The Field Of Cosmetic India Provides Excellent Facilities For Treatments. Our Medical Team Provides Most Satisfactory Healthcare Services To Patients In Apollo Hospital (Accredited By JCI). Free Consultation From Specialist And High Standards Of Facilities Provided By Our Team At Most Affordable Prices Are The Advantages Of Receiving Medical Treatments In India.
For more information, medical assessment and medical quote
as email attachment to
Email : - firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Center Tel. (+91) 9029304141 (10 am. To 8 pm. IST)
(Only for international patients seeking treatment in India)