" The Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre was born out of a dream to offer the highest standards of heartcare to Indians in India. To realise this dream we strive for excellence in research, training and the care of our patients."
Dr. Naresh Trehan
Diplomate American Board of Surgery and Cardiothoracic Surgery
Executive Director, EHIRC
PRESENT APPOINTMENTExecutive Director and Chief Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon and member of the board of Governors, Escorts Heart Institute and Research Center, Okhla Road, New Delhi, since 1988.
Appointed as Personal Surgeon to the President of India with effect from 04.06.1991.
Appointed as Honorary Consultant to the Cromwell Hospital, London, U.K., with effect from March, 1994.
PAST ACADEMIC APPOINTMENTS
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, New York University Medical Center, New York, U.S.A., 1981-1988.
- Clinical Instructor of Surgery, New York University Medical Center, New York, U.S.A., 1971-1974
- Teaching Assistant of Surgery, New York University Medical Center, New York, U.S.A., 1971-1974
PAST STAFF APPOINTMENTS
- Attending Cardiothoracic Surgeon, New York University Medical Center, New York, U.S.A., 1979-1988.
- Attending Cardiothoracic Surgeon and Consultant, Bellevue Hospital of the City of New York, U.S.A.
- Chief Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Veterans Administration Hospital (Manhattan), U.S.A.
- Attending Cardiothoracic Surgeon, New York Infirmary-Beekman-Downtown Hospital, New York, U.S.A., 1979-1988.
- Attending Cardiothoracic Surgeon, St.Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center, New York, U.S.A., 1979-1988.
Professional ExperienceAfter training in general surgery and subsequently cardiac surgery at premier institutions in U.S., held important academic and clinical positions at the New York University Medical Center, Bellevue Hospital of the City of the New York and Veterans Administration Hospital (Manhattan), U.S.A. His pioneering work in the field of coronary artery bypass surgery was at the New York University Medical Center, New York, USA, where he performed over 3000 coronary artery operations.
In 1988 at the height of his career he left this academic and highly lucrative position and started Escorts Heart Institute and Research Center - a pioneering state-of-the-art heart institute in India. This institute is on par or rather better than the best in the world and has set new standards of cardiac care in our country. Within a short period this Centre has become an important land mark the world over in cardiac surgery and cardiology having successfully performed over 35,000 open heart surgeries which includes surgeries of coronary artery, valves, carotid arteries, aortic aneurysm, cardiomyoplasty, cardiac arrhythmias, total arterial myocardial revascularization, transmyocardial laser revascularisation and least invasive coronary artery surgery on a beating heart and reduction ventriculoplasty (Batista Operation) with excellent results. Some of these operations have been performed by him for the first time in India.
Besides clinical work he has taken keen interest in training, education and research programmes. He is giving doctoral training of international standards to 30 surgeons at a point of time in the institute. The training is for a period of 3 years. Over 20 surgeons have already been trained so far. He has established a comprehensive research programme to constantly monitor the data accumulated on a daily basis from each patient. He has presented a number of scientific papers and chaired scientific sessions in national and international conferences in USA, UK, Japan, China, Israel and the far east.
MISSIONTo become the leading professional healthcare company in super-specialty tertiary care in the Region, leading in cardiac care with a range of products, services and quality consistent with the highest customer expectations.
Move from the ranks of excellence to the ranks of pre-eminence among healthcare providers, and maintain the lead role of continuing pioneering leadership.
VISIONReaching beyond excellence in high end tertiary healthcare, while doing business with a soul.
This will be achieved by : -
- Providing state-of-the-art world standard health care that exceeds expectations of patients and families.
- Pursuing independent as well as collaborative research in all aspects of cardio-thoracic medicine and surgery to develop affordable solutions for heart problems of this region.
- Establishing a network of joint ventures and satellite centers to extend the availability of quality health care in India and other developing countries.
- Providing expert training for medical, para-medical, nursing and other professionals in the field of heart care. Networking with other organizations to promote health and wellness in society through education, preventive checkups and community outreach programs.
- HONESTY : - Conduct everything we do with highest standards of professional and ethical integrity.
- EXCELLENCE : - Pursue excellence and continuous improvement in technology, skill, services and quality of interaction.
- ATTENTIVENESS : - Be responsive to the physical and emotional needs of patients and their families, and expectations of the society.
- RESPECT : - Show respect, compassion and truthfulness towards patients, co-workers and all persons we encounter.
- TEAM WORK : - Recognize that working together can create a power greater than the sum of individual activities, and that mutual respect demands collegiality, consensus seeking and cooperation.
EHIRC is located in New Delhi, India and the facilities are housed in three adjoining spacious buildings connected through an exclusive subway. The hospital has more than 326 beds, 9 Operation Theaters, 4 Cath Labs, 2 Heart Stations besides a host of other facilities. The hospital has a total of 164 Critical Care beds to provide intensive care to patients after surgery or angioplasty, emergency admissions or other patients needing highly specialised management including tele-cardiology (ECG transmission through telephone).
The hospital is backed by the most advanced laboratories performing complete range of investigative tests in the field of Nuclear Medicine, Radiology, Bio-chemistry , Haematology, Transfusion Medicine and Microbiology.
The EHIRC is unique in the field of Preventive Cardiology with a fully developed programme of Monitored Exercise, Yoga and Meditation for life-style management. The hospital is centrally air-conditioned and environmentally sealed to ensure optimum comfort with ideal asepsis and hygiene. A safe power generation and UPS system ensure that life saving equipment function without interruption. The hospital has a vast computer network of over 300 nodes linked through ethernet, utilising the latest IT tools striving to support the best care and service to the patients.
- Coronary Artery Disease (PTCA and Stenting)
- Coronary Artery Disease (Rotablator+Atherectomy)
- Medical Management
- Telemedicine (EHAS)
- Permanent Pacemaker Implantation
- RF ablation for rhythm disorders
- Coronary Bypass Surgery (Standard)
- Coronary Bypass Surgery (MIDCAB)
- Coronary Bypass Surgery (OPCAB)
- Trans Myocardial Laser Revascularisation (TMLR)
- Heart Port Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Aortic Aneurysms and Dissections
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Valve Surgery
- Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD)
For more information, medical assessment and medical quote
as email attachment to
Email : - email@example.com
Contact Center Tel. (+91) 9029304141 (10 am. To 8 pm. IST)
(Only for international patients seeking treatment in India)